B. Directions: Identify the Myths and Facts of Non-Communicable Diseases. Write the word “YES” if the statement is a fact and the word “NO” if it is a myth.
11. NCDs affect all countries.
12. Preventing NCDs is complicated and expensive.
13. NCDs are diseases of laziness and self-inflicted.
14. NCDs affect high-income (developed) countries only.
15. You cannot change human behavior when it comes to NCDs.
16. Low and middle-income countries do not need to worry about NCDs.
17. Behavior and lifestyle choices can be changed to prevent and manage NCDs.
18. Disease later in life is an outcome or result of lifestyle and exposure in your early life.
19. Preventing NCDs can be easily prevented with healthy foods and quality health education.
20. Reducing exposure to unhealthy factors or modifying unhealthy
behaviors can prevent NCDs.
YES YES NO NO YES NO YES NO YES YES