A. Directions: Read each question carefully. Write the letter of the best answer beside
1. It is a natural phenomenon characterized by a sudden trembling of the ground which
may be due to the movement of the tectonic plates or caused by a volcanic activity,
A. Shaking B. Typhoon C. Earthquake D. Fissure
2. The amount of energy released by an earthquake is called
A. Intensity B. Focus C. Magnitude D. Epicenter
3. What is an earthquakes intensity?
A It is the area under the Earths crust where an earthquake originates
B. It is the degree of damage of and earthquake
C. The point on the Earths surface above the origin of an earthquake
D. It is the amount of energy caused by an earthquake
4. Why is the Philippines considered as an earthquake –prone area?
A. The Philippines is found on the Circum-Pacific Belt that lies on
an active fault line.
B. The Philippines is surrounded by large bodies of water
C. It is surrounded by hundreds of islands.
D. It is found near the equator
5. Which of the following should be done during an earthquake?
A. Put shoes on to protect feet from broken glass.
B. Do the “duck, cover, and hold.”
C. Rush to the door and evacuate.
D. Place heavy furniture and objects on lower shelves.
hope it helps pa follow pa brain liests na din❤️