Learning Task 5
Directions: Compose clear and coherent sentences by combining each pair using appropriate coordinating and
subordinating conjunctions. Do this in your notebook.
1. Angel lives in Bulacan. Her cousin lives in Valenzuela
2. Mario joined the prayer rally. His brother stayed at home.
3. Roberto wanted to buy books. He could not find what he wanted.
4. I love and respect my grandparents. They take care of me, too.
A. because B. while
5. He didnt get the promotion. He worked hard for it.
A. Assimilation (Time Frame: 5 minutes)
Now, complete the ideas below based on what you have learned from this topic.
A conjunction is a word that
together words, phrases, clauses or sentences.
There are two kinds of conjunctions:
Subordinating or coordinating conjunctions connect or join a
clause to an
conjunctions are used to connect two or more simple sentences or clauses called independer
conjunctions are used to connect one dependent or one or two independent clauses.